How to Use Quickutz Dies in your Cuttlebug Machine
We are so excited to have our first guest post here at the Katessa Crafts blog! My friend Kami from No Biggie always has something fun and crafty up her sleeve! She has one of the cutest blogs ever… so if you get a chance, hop on over and visit her… don’t forget to tell her thanks for this great post! Without further adieu…. and amid loud cheering, hootin’ and hollerin’ from all of her fans, heeeere’s Kami!
I was asked to demonstrate how to use a Quickutz die with the Cuttlebug machine. Here is the How To:
1. Set your Quickuts die face up on top of the Cuttlebug A and C plates.
2. Place your card stock face down on the die with a B plate on top.
3. Sandwiched together, roll it through the Cuttlebug machine.
4. Poke out or pull away extra card stock to reveal your shape.
1. Repeat many times the steps above in different colors.
2. Emboss like colors using various Cuttlebug embossing folders.
To finish the project: add text to the cardstock, paint your frame, adhere all the shapes and add foam squares to one shape to make it look raised.
Here is the finished project.
For the cardstock I used this cardstock – Quickutz QuikStripz – with adhesive. Because I hate to waste anything (I have a problem. ;)), I used the white backings of all the buttons to decorate a magnet board.
For this project, I kept the waxy plastic side up to handle wear and tear. Then just hot glued magnets to big white buttons.
By clicking on this button, you will receive 10% off anything sold on Katessa Crafts. They carry a lot of the products I used for these two projects.
Interested in being one of our Guest Bloggers? Send me an email – tricia(at)KatessaCrafts(dot)com – we love guest bloggers! *Ü*
Make a Comment
Where's The Comment Form?